I am a firm believer in this. UNLESS. . . You are in a bucket shower in India.
Then looking up is the worst possible thing you could ever do.
Why?
Because you will see spiders. Lots of them. And you will also see lots of bugs that you don't even know the names of. Bugs you didn't even know existed.
And then your nice refreshing bucket shower is ruined. RUINED.
You didn't know a bucket shower could be ruined, did you? Oh, but it can.
Bucket showers are actually really nice.
But that could be the malaria pills talking. We're not sure. They've got some crazy side effects.
Yikes.
Anyway.
So my days here at Rising Star Outreach are numbered. And I don't even want to think or talk about it.
Otherwise the water works will start.
Flood gates opened.
Teton dam burst.
Monsoon season.
Niagara Falls on my face.
I think you get it.
Basically, I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE.
I love it here. So so much.
I look at the children here and my heart is so full.
How's your heart feeling?
I don't know about you, but mine is feeling pretty full.
When I say I don't know how to describe the love I have for these children I'm not trying to be cheesy. It's the truth. I have only known these children for two and a half weeks. Many of them probably will not remember me. But they have changed me.
One of the quotes they RSO uses a lot is by Gandhi.
He said, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Be the change.
But I like to take out the word "the" in that quote.
BE CHANGED.
Rising Star Outreach has changed me. Forever.
Changed my perspective on life. Changed the way I want to treat those around me. Changed my future. Changed the way I want to raise my (future) family. Changed what I want to accomplish in my life. Changed so much.
And now I've typed the word "changed" so many times they its starting to look weird, so that's enough change for now.
But seriously, I have been changed more than I thought I would be. And I love it.
I do not want to leave. There is nothing I wouldn't give to stay here just a few more weeks. Even one week.
But alas, I cannot. So I am determined to make the most of my last few days here. Cherishing every moment with the beautiful children.
Also, shout out to all the other volunteers here and the long-term coordinators . . . . They are all basically amazing. I was nervous coming into this that our session would get "cliquey," but it has been so amazing. We are all so different from each other, but we all mesh so well together.
So while I'm cherishing the last few days here with the children, I'm also cherishing the last few days here with the other volunteers and coordinators.
So many wonderful people here.
LOVE IT.
LOVE INDIA.
BE THE CHANGE.
BE CHANGED.
the end.
Love, Kir
























No comments:
Post a Comment