Sunday, June 30, 2013

the BIG decision has been made. well one of them.

Well my friends, the time has finally come. I've made a decision on where to transfer, and when. . . .

Are you ready for this? Breathe in, breathe out.
READY?

This coming fall I will be moving to South Jordan, Utah. . . . .

And finishing my Associate's Degree at BYU-Idaho online. All I have left is that blasted Cultural Awareness/International Studies Middle East or Pakistan class. (That I've already attempted to take four times and dropped for reasons of impatience, too many credits, or family situations). Yay. Fun times.

Along with taking that class online while living in South Jordan, I will be working full-time as a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) at an assisted living facility!

Then, come January, I will be attending. . . . . . . . . . .










THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH!!!!!!!!





Yes, yes, I know, BYU and Aggie fans, bring on the chastisement and sass, but everything has just seemed to fall into place perfectly for me to go to the U (and I'm not changing my mind. . . . . . I think). 

Here are a few reasons why:

1. They have my program. (Child Development with an emphasis in Child Life). And Utah State does not. 

2. They have a specific grad program for Child Life Specialists. (What is a child life specialist you ask? Click here).  And Utah State does not. 

3. I will be close to Primary Children's hospital in SLC where I can hopefully get volunteer hours and someday an internship. . . . and maybe hopefully cross my fingers a job??? 

4. I'll be closer to family. . . . . . . and hopefully a niece or nephew in the near future. . . . ahem Kylee and Andy.  

5. I'll have a job (still working as a CNA). 

6. I can get residency/in-state tuition (a long, long story). WITHOUT HAVING TO MARRY A UTAH RESIDENT IN DESPERATION! Not that I wouldn't marry a Utah resident, should one come along, I mean I don't have to marry one just so I can get in-state tuition. Comprendes?  

7. Because I want to. 


And that just about sums it up!   

So that's that. 

Don't worry, I've already prepared myself emotionally for the opinions, chastisement, condemnation, impending doom, and harassment that is coming my way because I'll be attending the University of Utah. So have at it, my friends! 
I'm ready. 


P.S. I leave for India in 8 days. WHAAAATTTT. 


No comments:

Post a Comment