Saturday, June 1, 2013

all aboard to the motherland.

37 days.
That's right.
In 37 days I will be going to the motherland for five and a half weeks.

In case you don't know what my motherland is, here is a hint:



So anyway, as my date of departure is not so slowly coming up I have frequent moments of crazy excitement, and then moments of crazy anxiety. 

Two weeks ago I got my Visa. 
This last week I dropped an obscene amount of money on getting vaccinations and then another obscene amount of money on medications to take while I'm in India. 

After getting the shots (and passing out during the process) I think I finally started realizing that this is actually happening.

I'M GOING TO INDIA, PEOPLE.
INDIA!!!!!!

I don't think it will fully hit me until I'm in the motherland, surrounded by cows, rickshaws, and the smell of curry. 
But regardless, everyday it's starting to sink in more and more.


When I have moments of freaking out and thinking irrational thoughts like. . . 

I'm going to get a crazy disease and die in India. . . . or I'm going to be sick every day from the food. . . or I'm going to die while riding a rickshaw. . . or I'm going to get attacked by monkeys....

then all I have to do is watch a video from Rising Star Outreach and all my worries are gone.




I'm reminded that for three weeks of my stay in India, I'll be teaching these beautiful children to read, braiding their hair, playing with them, reading them bedtime stories, etc. 



And then once I watch one video, I can't stop. 



And now I'm sobbing and ready to jump on an airplane to India right this second. 

I can't believe I have been blessed with this amazing opportunity to not only work with such an amazing program (Rising Star Outreach) and amazing people, but to also meet my extended family that still lives in India, see the sights, and just be completely immersed in my culture. 

I am so excited. 
SO EXCITED.

I will be blogging my adventures and experiences while I'm in India, but I haven't decided if I will do it on this blog, or create a separate one for that. 
A petty decision, really. I just need to make it. 

I'll keep you posted. . . literally. 

Get it? Posted? Like a blog post? Ahahaha I crack myself up.


And cut. 
I'm insane.

Goodnight! 

Love, Kir. 


2 comments:

  1. I think you should post about India on this blog! It's easier to keep track of, and you can keep using the blog after you get back! I tried keeping a separate blog for my study abroad, but it was too much work to keep up facebook and multiple blogs.
    This sounds so exciting!
    -Katie B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! That's what I'm thinking too.... :)

      Delete