Thursday, March 21, 2013

embracing change.



If you have been keeping up with my crazy life, you know by now that I am planning on transferring schools.

This decision has not been an easy one and has caused me many sleepless nights.

The thought of starting over somewhere completely new absolutely terrifies me.

"But Kirsten," you say, "you've already started over once. Wasn't leaving your family and going 1,433 miles away to school hard? How could this be different?"

Yes, yes it was hard. Of course it would be hard! However, I wasn't coming out here alone without knowing anybody, and that made it so much easier. I had one of my best friends from home as my roommate. . . . Meet Kristin!

We did dumb, strange, immature, disgusting, and fun things. . . Like me trying to spit a mouthful of orange juice into her mouth. Feel free to gag. I gag just thinking about it.
Why did we do this? The world will never know. I don't even know!


So immature.

And we took WAY too many pictures on PhotoBooth. Here's a brief sample. Sorry Kristin.

EMBARRASSING!

Plus Shannon.
       
Oh so cool.


And we had the greatest time.

But this whole transfer thingy is completely different.

Coming to BYU-Idaho was a relatively easy transition for me.
And I've come to realize that it has been just that, a transition. 

I have loved nearly every second of my time here.
I love the Spirit of Ricks.
I love being surrounded by people who share my same beliefs and values.
I love President Clark.
I love this little bubble known as Rexburg.
It has been a home away from home for me.
I have made some of the greatest friends and met some of the most amazing people.

I will forever be grateful for the experiences I have had here. I feel like I have truly found myself; who I am, and who I want to become. I have felt the Spirit everyday and have seen it in the eyes of so many here.

But alas, it is time for me to move on.

There have been many times when I have questioned the decision to transfer because I love this little town, this amazing university, and the wonderful people here, but I know that it's the right decision for me.


I am not making this decision for anyone else.
I am not changing this decision for anyone else.
This is what is right for me in my life, right now.

I know it's going to be hard and I am scared, nervous, excited, and anxious. Mostly anxious.  
But, I'm ready.

I'm ready for bigger, and *hopefully* better things.

I'm trying not to panic about finding housing, money, getting scholarships, making new friends, and all the other things that come along with transferring to a new school.

Instead I am trying to embrace change.

I just have to remind myself of that when I'm lying in my bed wide awake at 3 in the morning thinking and thinking and freaking out and thinking and thinking, and thinking some more.


But have no fear! The words and harmonies of the Brady Bunch are always there to provide
comfort. . . and laughs.

I present. . . "Time to Change" by the Brady Bunch kids. It's very deep. I pinky promise. 
And if you're too lazy to watch the video, or you have a secret hate for the Brady Bunch I took the liberty of posting some of the lyrics below. You're welcome. 

"When it's time to change, then its time to change
Don't fight the tide, come along for the ride, don't you see
When it's time to change, you've got to rearrange
who you are into what you're gonna be."


I always loved watching the Brady Bunch when I was growing up. And I secretly always loved Carol Brady's hair. . . . I think I could pull it off. . . . don't you?



And on that note, I realized I am clearly way too tired and way too random to keep writing.
So, I will spare you the misery of having to read anymore nonsensical rants of mine.

Goodnight, sleep tight, and embrace change!

Love,
Kir


No comments:

Post a Comment