So one time there was this "BYU-I Hotties" Facebook page. and two of my roommates, who shall NOT remain nameless (JESSIE AND SIERRA), decided it would be hilarious to send in my picture and a lovely little description.
However, my papa did not think it was so funny when I told him and my mama about it on the phone. I guess he just doesn't like the fact that my roommates described me as "brown and ready to get down!"
I for one thought it was hilarious!
He also didn't like that anybody could see the posts on the page, and he didn't want people thinking I posted that myself. Which is true.
But I still thought it was quite comical.
So being the ever obedient daughter that I am, I sent a message to the admins of the group and requested for it to be deleted.
Hilarious!!!
See, I'm practically famous. Over 550 views!
But, as you wish, Father.
I've already warned him that if I am single forever, I blame him because I could have gotten three free dinners dates because of this page. He said he was fine with that because he "gets blamed for everything anyway" and maybe he was actually "saving me from three dates that I would not have wanted to go on."
Very true, padre, very true.
Bless his heart.
I love that guy. Lots.
After I received the message that it had been deleted, the admins of the group posted this hilarious status.
For such a creepy, weird, ridiculous group on Facebook, I am glad to know that it is being run by such hilarious people.
And Jessie and Sierra, you just wait until your pictures show up on there.
Vengeance is sweet. OH SO SWEET.
And now to get to the second part of this blog post about by dad being the best.
I basically have the best dad in the entire world. Not only does he protect me from potential creepers on the BYU-I Hotties page, but he also gives the best advice and has the miraculous ability to calm me down when I'm freaking out about my life/the future.
Seriously, he is a miracle worker.
He also had the patience and willingness to take me to EVERY Girl Scout's Daddy-Daughter dance.
What a guy.
| Exhibit A |
| Exhibit B (No we were not going to a funeral, I was just a creep and never smiled with my teeth, and yes I had a halo of pink carnations in my hair for BOTH dances #classy). |
He also taught me lots of important things like:
How to sleep:
How to read:
And how to lay/grout tile floor:
![]() |
| This is vitally important for every person to learn. |
He also is one of my greatest examples of Christ-like love and service.
I have no idea what I ever did to deserve such an amazing dad, but I am so thankful that Heavenly Father blessed me with such a wonderful dad. SO GRATEFUL. Seriously.
In the April 2011 General Conference, Sister Dalton gave what is now one of my
most favorite talks ever.
She said,
"This morning I would like to speak to our sons and to all fathers. How can a father raise a happy, well-adjusted daughter in today’s increasingly toxic world? The answer has been taught by the Lord’s prophets. It is a simple answer, and it is true—'The most important thing a father can do for his [daughter] is to love [her] mother.' By the way you love her mother, you will teach your daughter about tenderness, loyalty, respect, compassion, and devotion. She will learn from your example what to expect from young men and what qualities to seek in a future spouse. You can show your daughter by the way you love and honor your wife that she should never settle for less. Your example will teach your daughter to value womanhood. You are showing her that she is a daughter of our Heavenly Father, who loves her."
Love her mother. (You can read the full talk here).
My dad has pretty much perfected that.
I am touched by how much love and devotion he has for my sweet mama, regardless of the circumstances.
I am grateful for the temple covenants my parents made with each other in the beautiful Logan temple on April 17th, 1987 that sealed them (and my siblings and me) together for eternity.
![]() |
| Aren't they precious?!?! |
I am grateful for the comfort and peace that come from knowing God's plan of happiness.
Families can be together forever. They are eternal!
And now for some (more) cheese. . . .( I am from Wisconsin, after all).
Cheese-ball moment #1: I hope that *someday* I can find someone who will love me as much and as unconditionally as my Dad loves my Mom. . . and that's a lot of love.
Cheese-ball moment #2: I hope that *someday* when I (hopefully) have daughters, they will have a relationship with their father like I have had with mine. And also that he will protect them from potential creepers on BYU-I Hotties.
Cheese-ball moment #3: I'm just a teensy bit homesick right now.
Okay, I lied. I'm really homesick right now.
I just really, really love my family.
Sorry I'm not sorry for the cheese in this post.
For more information about my beliefs, temples and the LDS church click here!
That's all for now!
Love,
Kir
P.S. Call your parents and tell them how much you love them. Now.
Okay maybe not now, because it's almost 2am, but call them tomorrow morning. Or if you are with them right now, give them a big hug and tell them how much you love them.
Promise?
Okay, deal.
P.P.S. I got accepted into Utah State! Woohoo!







All that Wisconsin cheese made it out to Idaho, I see.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh-I love you so much. I wish I was half the parent that your parents are. They are truly amazing. Jeff is awesome and I love him. What a great b-i-l. And my sister- I mean, comeon. She's pretty much awesome personified. And you are probably one of my fav people in life. No lie. I love this post. LOVE! You are so open with your feelings while I hide them from everyone and everything. I want to be more like Kirsten! I love you!
ReplyDelete