Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I don't believe in "less is more."

I pinky promised my next post would have some substance. Brace yourselves.

The saying "less is more" never ever applies to desserts. Ever.

Today was my FHE sister's birthday. And everyone deserves a cake on their birthday! So I made this lovely creation. . . .
Behold: Snickers Chocolate Cake.



I don't want to toot my own horn, but it was AMAZING. It was kind of like BTS cake (I have to abbreviate in case my Grandma reads this, Hi Grandma!).

Here's how it went from bottom to top:

Chocolate cake
Caramel
Whipped cream
Snickers pieces
.
.
.
And again..
Chocolate cake
Caramel
Whipped cream
Snickers pieces. . . . .
LOTS of them. Remember, less is NOT more in this situation.

And finally,  MORE caramel drizzled over the top.


You may now wipe the drool off your keyboard.

I wish I could say I came up with this all by myself, but alas, the great gods of Pinterest revealed it to me through a simple search of "chocolate cake." Fancy that!  So, thank you Pinterest gods. I practically owe you my life now.

You will not be disappointed, guaranteed. AND it's easy! I pinky promise.

You can see the original recipe on this lovely blog.

And just a little cake tip in general:
If you are bored with your traditional 9x13 cakes and want to spice things up a bit (not literally), make two 9-inch round cakes, put some tastiness in between the two layers (caramel, chocolate, buttercream, whipped cream, candy bar pieces, fruit? THE CAKE IS YOUR OYSTER!), and VOILA!

You now have a foxy cake.
And let's be real, who doesn't want that?!

People will worship you and tell you to open a bakery, when really it's just a cake mix from a box! You sneaky mom!!! (<hint: click the link).

Anyway, come back soon!

Love, Kir

P.S. Two posts in one day?! LOOK OUT! I'm on top of the blogging world!

No comments:

Post a Comment