Sunday, February 24, 2013

residency, schmesidency.

Sometimes I think I can cheat the system and sneak my way into getting residency in Utah.

And then I read this. . . . .  (note: this is just for Utah State, not University of Utah).


This could be a problem!
So then I got a little glimpse of hope when I realized there were exceptions.
Unfortunately, I fit none of the exceptions. . .


So here are my choices. . .

1. Move to Utah . . . for a whole year and never, ever be gone for more than 30 days. Well, seeing as I'm going to India for six weeks this summer, that's not going to happen.
2. Marry a Utah resident. . . mmm. . .yikes. That would be moving a little quick seeing as I'm hoping to start at USU or U of U next January!
3. Join the Utah National Guard . . . ummm, we're just going to say that will never happen. I'm too much of a wimp/girly girl (and proud!).
4. Get adopted by a family of Utah residents. Is that allowed after 18? Probably not. Technicalities!

Yikes, yikes, yikes!
Looks like I will be living in a cardboard box for the next few years.
Hasta la vista money, life, and sweet, sweet freedom.
I'll see you when I'm. . . . dead.


1 comment:

  1. Live with us, not a cardboard box. And I got you a job if you ever come down here!

    ReplyDelete